As a child, I have not been spared from body image and esteem issues, persistent poor respiratory problems, skin allergies and severe candida . I also was raised in a big extended family with my male cousins and elder brother; sought education in a same-gender school for a decade, and was enrolled (not by choice) in Singapore’s now defunct Trim and Fit Club. It was later through seeking holistic help with Traditional Chinese Medicine treatment in my teens and adolescence that my immunity improved tremendously. I found freedom and happiness in physical expression through dance, fitness and outdoor activities.
Unexpectedly, I was later diagnosed with Stage III Hodgkin’s Lymphoma at the age of 23- the first in the history of my family. This came as a surprise to me and my family as I had been living a healthy lifestyle of sound activity and nutrition habits. It was during this interjection that I acknowledged the tremendous emotional and mental stress I have put herself through with the perfectionism mindset in relationships, work and studies; admittedly I was also excessively dieting and exercising; running around and away from insecurity issues. I realized then the power of the relationship between the thoughts, the words we speak to ourselves and the impact they have on our physical body. This set me on personal quest towards understanding and living a lifestyle that is fundamentally strong and truly holistic.
In the years later, I have also competed briefly in 2011 in local SBBF Singapore Physique Sports Model where I acquired the knowledge and dedication towards precise planning of nutrition and training as well as a year-long dance mentorship program in 2012 where I learned the awareness of spatial movement though a mind-body connection.
Today I am here, as your coach, to partner with you to bring you all the information and practical wisdom that I have acquired over the last decade through my coaching programs to get you back living an energetic and hormonally-healthy life that you truly desire.
If you are ready to take charge of your life, revitalize it once and for all, then come on board, reach out to me in learning how to embark on a coaching journey that is designed for you alone.
Professional Qualifications and Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science ( Food Science and Technology ) – National University of Singapore
- The Women’s Health Coach™ (200 hours) — *currently pursuing – Integrative Women’s Health Institute with Jessica Drummond, MPT, CHC, CCN
- Hormones 101 Program (3.5 contact hours) – Integrative Women’s Health Institute with Jessica Drummond, MPT, CHC, CCN
- Precision Nutrition Coaching Level 1 – Certificate in Exercise Nutrition
- M.E. Nutrition Level 3 Consultant/Coach – Proficient in Science of Hormonal Fat Loss Nutrition
- Polestar Pilates – Comprehensive Studio Series Modules 1-6
- Studio Pilates Int – Certified Mat Pilates Instructor
- Certified in Clinical Orthopedic Manual Therapy for Neck and Upper Extremity by Dr. Joseph Muscolino
- Certified R.E.H.A.B Trainer and F.X. Trainer with Urlik Larsen
- American Council of Exercise (A.C.E.) Certified Personal Trainer
- and other workshop participation and certificates related to movement and anatomy